National Nurses Week is celebrated annually on May 6-12 and is a chance for the entire country to celebrate the heroic efforts of our 4 million registered nurses working in the USA. It is also a way to recognize the important role nurses play in not only healthcare but in their communities as well. The skills of nurses are highly valued and appreciated in America and as a healthcare organization, we look forward to any opportunity to recognize our fearless and dedicated nurses. Your hard work, sacrifice, and commitment to your patients each day is commendable, and we thank you. This week—and every week—we celebrate you!
This national week-long celebration is not only an opportunity to express our gratitude but also a chance to show our commitment to you and your well-being. PassportUSA is committed to our global healthcare professional’s well-being in every way possible and it is always our top priority.
Well-being is how someone feels about various aspects of their life – home life, health, relationships with others, job satisfaction, and other activities. It’s about whether they feel comfortable and happy.
Our investment in the well-being of our healthcare professional involves:
- Professional well-being
- Physical well-being
- Social well-being
- Financial well-being
- Contracting transparency with a period of review & rescission
- Assured premium visa processing for qualifying nurses (as of March 2021)
- Visa filing without valid IELTS score (as of March 2021)
- Paid US credentialing and licensure
- 90 day & annual performance reviews
- Employee satisfaction surveys at each step of the process
- Free Access to HealthStream & ATI – HCP educational tools
- Clinical coaching & nurse manager support
- Language coaching
- Global Ambassador Program
- Multi-year employment assignments
- Free CEU’s
- DAISY Award Program
- PassportUSA Career Services
- Customized client on-boarding
- Employee Assistance Program – free access to wellness programs
- Employer-paid life insurance
- STD and LTD employer-paid disability insurance
- Platinum medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Voluntary supplemental life, accident, & critical illness insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO), up to 120 hours of PTO per calendar year
- Safety practices education
- Company-paid workers compensation insurance
- Birthday and anniversary recognition
- Assignment preference input
- Location is known before arriving in the US and pre-assignment location brochures
- Private Facebook group
- Alumni Network
- Visa filing and relocation for immediate family members
- Platinum health and dental insurance for family members
- Customized meet & greet upon arrival to the U.S.
- Dedicated life coach
- Info provided on local schools and how to obtain a driver’s license
- Assistance with sourcing initial and perm housing
- Health Carousel Cares (HC Cares) for life events
- Milestone Reward Program (earn up to $15,000)
- Industry-leading pay – starting at $30+/hr
- $1,500 Arrival Bonus
- $2,000 Housing Allowance
- Dream Team Rewards Program: receive up to $2,500 for you and your referral
- 401K with employer match
- Eligible for annual raises
- Financial wellness tools through ADP
- LifeMart employee discounts
- Platinum Health Insurance with low out-of-pocket costs
- Company-paid malpractice insurance premiums
- Paid relocation to US and Employee cell phone program
- Annual CEU reimbursement
- Arrival Advance and Initial housing allowance
PassportUSA is committed to our mission of improving lives and making healthcare work better. As part of our continued effort to invest in our nurse’s well-being and education, we are proud to announce our newest training offering: Resilience in Healthcare – a HealthStream course. This course helps nurses identify the early stages of burnout and offers practical solutions to prevent or mitigate burnout during elevated stress times.
“Our chosen profession is stressful during the most routine times. The added stress of the pandemic and the staff shortages have identified a need for every health care professional to become more resilient and identify signs of burnout. Health Carousel is encouraging all health care professionals to educate themselves on burnout and work to develop strategies for self-care to become resilient!” – Earl Dalton, CNO
Nurse burnout is a type of compassion fatigue characterized by emotional exhaustion and a low sense of accomplishment. This phenomenon is common among healthcare professionals and has only been amplified in the last year due to COVID19. As a healthcare professional it is important to have the training and resources to help identify the early signs of burnout.
To learn more about this new course offering or any of our other well-being benefits, reach out to your IES.
To begin your nursing career in the U.S. with the industry’s leader in legal, ethical, and socially responsible international healthcare recruitment, click here.