PassportUSA has a limited number of Medical Technologist openings within the United States and the competition for these jobs is high. Our standards for entry into the program are therefore stringent. If you are U.S.-ready and have great career experience we would love to help you begin your career and life in the USA..


Therefore, our current requirements for international nurses are stringent and are as follows:

ASCPi or AMT certification
Five years or more of laboratory experience



Our staff will help you navigate the complexities of credentialing, licensure, and visa options to take the best path to achieve your goals.


H1-B Visas
Green Card Visas


Passport USA’s wage rates meet or exceed the prevailing wage standard that an Medical Technologist with similar training and experience would earn in your assigned geographic area. In addition to the base pay, you will be paid overtime pay rates for working more than 40 hours in any given week.


Participating therapists are eligible for generous Paid Vacation, Sick Time, Personal Time Off which are accrued according to the hours of service.


Airfare to the USA (job site)
Transitional housing
Assistance with buying or leasing a car


Medical, dental, life, and professional liability (malpractice) insurance coverage.


We offer a 401(k) retirement plan. This plan is an easy and convenient way for you to save for your retirement. Your contribution also reduces your taxable income.


Green card sponsorship for successful H-1B candidates



Passport USA typically processes medical technologists under the H-1B visas. Passport USA has partnered with immigration attorneys and uses an in-house legal team to process and closely monitor the visa filing and approval process. Our Visa Specialist Team will be in constant touch with you about your visa application. They will have information of what documents are required and when so that the process is as efficient and timely as possible.

The H-1B visa is a non-immigrant visas category established by the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) to employ international workers with specialized training. There are two fundamental forms of H1B visas, Cap and Non-Cap. Both are initially valid for up to 3 years and renewable for up to 3 additional years.

Cap” H-1B Visas

The U.S. Government has allotted 65,000 H-1B Visas to “for-profit” organizations. This 65,000 number is the annual “Cap” people are referring to when you hear them talk about “Cap” visas. All Cap visa petitions must be received by the USCIS no later that April of each year. In recent years, this cap of 65,000 visa applications was reached within as little as one day. Once this date is reached a lottery will be drawn and if the petition is selected and approved, an exit interview will be conducted at the U.S. Embassy in your country. Passport USA provides all the necessary documentation needed for the exit interview along with assistance in securing an appointment date. Appointments start on October 1 of each year. We are currently accepting applicants for the next H-1B “Cap” filing.

Non-Cap” H-1B Visas

Non-Cap H-1B visas do not come under the allotted 65,000 H-1B visas per year and so can be applied for at any time during the year. However, there are a number of restrictions for non-cap visa filings. Specifically, the under-lying employment must be with a non-profit organization that has a strong affiliation with a university or research organization. These restrictions limit the universe of potential non-cap opportunities within any given state. Passport USA does not currently have any opportunities that meet Non-Cap H-1B requirements.

General Requirements for an H-1B Visa: In order to qualify for an H-1B Visa you must have a Bachelor’s degree for OT’s. You also must have passed one of the accepted English exams. Ultimately, you will need to have secured a VisaScreen certificate.


Our comprehensive program is designed to address both the professional and personal aspects of your move to America. Let us explain the major steps.

The Application Process

As a medical technologust your skills are in demand in America. Once you complete send us your resume or submit an application to us, we will review your education and experience to determine the best path for you to take to work as a MT in the United States. (Please note that the basic steps shown below may happen in different orders or may be happening concurrently.)

Job Placement

Our placement team works hard to ensure that your assignment in the United States is a great fit for you and your employer. Many factors are considered regarding your U.S. placement. These factors include, but are not limited to, your clinical skills and experience, job opportunities at the time of your relocation and, of course, your own personal location preferences. Because of the strong relationships that we have with built with healthcare facilities all across the U.S. and the quality of our healthcare professionals, Passport USA has more job opportunities at more healthcare facilities than ever before.

Visa Sponsorship

Upon client selection we will begin the visa sponsorship process. Typically, Passport USA’s parent corporation, Health Carousel, will be your visa sponsor. The type of visa used may vary based on several factors including your educational background, your profession, and the position you will be accepting.

Preparing for the USA

Before you pack your bags for America, we will ensure that you know what to expect when you arrive at your destination. Passport USA and our clinical partner facilities will assist you with your transition to living and working in the United States.


A Passport USA representative will be assigned to you and will be available throughout the duration of your time with us. We will give you the support you need to ease into your new environment and to feel confident in your workplace and personal life.

Long-Term Career Opportunities

Once your initial Passport USA assignment has been completed you have unrestricted career opportunities. You will be eligible for a variety of clinical settings around the country as a traveling therapist or accept another long-term assignment in a new part of the country. When your initial contract period is completed, you can choose to work as a traveling PT, accept another long-term assignment with PasportUSA, or identify a “permanent” employment opportunity. You may even be invited to work as directly for your assigned clinical partner facility indefinitely.


How do I apply to Passport USA?

To get started, you need to complete an employment application and send us your updated resume. This will help us determine whether you have the skills and experience to work in a healthcare setting in the United States.

Do I have to sign a contract?

Yes, we require a signed contract to confirm that you will work for Passport USA for a predetermined amount of time in the United States.

How long is my commitment to Passport USA?

Typically, your commitment to work with Passport USA will be 36 months or a minimum of 6240 service hours.



Can I bring my family?

If you are married, your spouse and any unmarried children under the age of 21 can legally relocate to the United States with you.

How do you match me to a healthcare facility?

We consider your skills, experience, needs, personality and goals and make the closest match possible with the hospital. Both your wishes and the requirements of the hospital will be taken into consideration.

When does my assignment in America begin?

The assignment begins once you have secured your U.S. credentialing, been accepted by a PassportUSA client, secured a U.S. visa and have secured an authorized start date from PassportUSA. Depending upon the time of year, visa availability, and the credentials you already posses, it can take as little as 3 to 6 months from the time you are accepted into the program by PassportUSA and our client facility until you begin your assignment in America.

How much does it cost to live in America?

The cost of living largely depends on the region where you are working, the housing options you choose and your own personal tastes. There is no set standard of living cost but once we know your personal situation, we can help you find out what your costs will be. Many things in America are cheaper than other countries, including cars, petrol, household goods, clothing and food.

Is the pay better in America?

American Healthcare professionals’ salaries are among the most competitive in the world. Your compensation will depend on your experience, your clinical specialty and the location of your assignment. Based on the cost of living, some regions of the country pay more than other areas.

How do I find accommodations in America?

Once you have accepted a job at a hospital in the United States, your international relocation specialist will help you set up your housing, arrange for furniture delivery and ensure that everything is ready for you once you arrive at your new destination. We will work with you on finding the best housing for your needs and help set up your home so that it is ready when you arrive.

What happens after I complete my contract with Passport USA?

You have many choices and we will help you with your decision. Here are some of the options you will have:

Begin a new assignment with Passport USA.
Join our exciting travel program and accept 13-week or longer assignments anywhere in the United States.
Become a permanent employee of your assigned healthcare facility.
Return home, where we will help you with a job placement in your country.
Arrange for your own employment at a hospital of your choice anywhere in th