Are you feeling anxious about taking IELTS? Do not fret because we have prepared additional IELTS prep tips for stress-free IELTS success.
- Exude confidence before studying and before actually going to take the test. Take a deep breath, smile, and think positive thoughts.
- Study for IELTS on your mobile phone, tablet, or laptop in 15-30 minute increments a few times a week in your spare time, such as on your lunch break, while you get ready for work, while you cook, etc.
- Practice a different section (speaking, listening, reading, writing) each time you resume studying.
- Record what you got wrong during your studying, why you got it wrong, what the correct answer is, and review it the next time you practice that section.
- Speaking: Get feedback on your speaking and what your weak spots are (fluency/coherence, lexical resource, grammatical range/accuracy, or pronunciation)
- Listening: This section always features more than one accent. Make sure you practice listening to different accents and comprehend what they’re saying. If time is almost up, and you don’t have all the boxes filled in, take your best guess and fill in the rest of the boxes. There are no penalties for incorrect answers in this section.
- Reading: Don’t worry when you don’t know anything about the subject of the text because all the answers can be found in the text. If time is almost up, and you don’t have all the boxes filled in, take your best guess and fill in the rest of the boxes. There are no penalties for incorrect answers in this section either.
- Writing: Get feedback on your writing. What is your weakness? Your vocabulary should be academic and your grammar should be formal. Avoid colloquial, slang, or very informal words such as “kid”, “stuff”, and contractions.
PassportUSA is the leading provider of internationally-trained RNs to U.S. healthcare institutions. We have placed several hundred candidates at leading healthcare facilities across the USA. Client healthcare institutions can trust in our service and quality of candidates. Healthcare professionals will enjoy our high ethics and track record of successful U.S. placement.